November 07, 2002

Yesterday I went to bed at 4am, because I kept saying "okay, i'll go to bed right after this mission". I said this around 5 times. Game of the night: Soldier of Fortune II. I went to bed late, but knowing that I am an unemployed bum, I knew I could sleep in for as long as I wanted! Ain't life grand?

8:12am. The phone rang, I woke up pretty quick, because the ringer on my phone is extremely loud, and it's right next to my bed, AND I thought it might be a call from my former boss, getting back to me about the job possibility. It was a fax machine, so I hung up. 8:32am. Yeah, it was a fax again. I tried and tried to get back to sleep, but by 9am lost the battle and got up. 9:30am, my former boss actually did call. We discussed how I might be able to help with some projects that he was currently working on. I was a bit groggy though, I sincerely hope that didn't count as an interview!

In the afternoon I went downtown with my friend Max to check out the EXPO COMM tradeshow at the convention centre. What a disappointment -- $40 to get in!! So then we looked around the convention centre for other events. There was a holiday gift show, so we checked that out. Turns out it was a small room full of cheap Christmas toys! Sigh.. So that basically wasted my afternoon. Although it was nice catching up with Max, talking about job searching, school stuff, etc. I had McD's for lunch for the first time in months. I missed McD's, but afterwards, the stomach ache I got from it made me realize why I stopped having McD's. Haha.

Tonight's game was better than expected. I expected the Raptors to lose by 30 points, but they managed to keep it close, losing by only 14. I think Chuck Swirsky is an idiot by the way. It's like he's watching basketball for the first time. He has to be the worst basketball commentator I have ever heard. What happened to the black guy they had before? Meanwhile, Leo Rautins is getting better and better. If he puts on 40-50 pounds he might have a shot at getting a job with ESPN.

No comments: