January 03, 2003

Not much has been happening round here. As per usual, I didn't celebrate new years much at all. In fact, I went to bed before the New Year.

I heard recently from someone that the Bitchar-G cars aren't even good as their fake counterparts, the Bitchar-A's. That's a surprise to me, as the A's are actually a lot cheaper. Cheaper, and better? What is this, AMD? haha.

Oh, recently someone mentioned they wanted to buy a P4 over an AMD processor. Yes, AMD processors can be annoying in that they tend to overheat. I've had the worse problem with it, since I put it together myself, and I used their shoddy thermal 'pad', rather than applying actual thermal paste. Then I trouble seating the chip into the socket, which likely resulted in me ruining the thermal pad, which now results in my having to have a fan constantly blowing on it to keep it from over heating. But on average if you bought a system, or had the people there install it, it should run on average 45-50C, which means it would take quite a bit of processing for it to reach that maximum 70C. In comparison, mine runs at 65C constantly, peaking at 75C!! Well the reason I bring this up is because the P4 at the same clock speed as an Athlon is actually slower than the AMD, because Intel put in a double length cache pipeline, which results in certain instructions taking longer to complete than with a smaller pipeline. That said, AMD is also in most cases half the price of any equal clockspeeded Intel chip. So what I'm saying is, if you can get over the hump of of having a fan blow on your computer, you're much better off with an athlon than a p4.

I am sad to admit that I've recently jumped back onto the d2x (Diablo II Expansion)bandwagon. I am looking for accounts to salvage, so if you know anyone who has accounts and knows they won't play ever again, please contact me. I no longer play the game legitimately though, using pretty much ever hack there is available. The game has really gone to heck because it has taken them so long to add the new 1.10 patch that every hack program, duping program and bugging program known to man is being used on battle.net. Stuff that was once the most valuable in the game can now be bought for cheap, and people have manufactured 'bugged' and 'hacked' items that have made those previously powerful items looks like newbie equipment. Bah, I doubt any of my readers even play or have played before. Oh well.. hopefully you may know of someone who has.

I am happy to say that I got paid yesterday. And I am also happy to say that I'll be moving back to Metro Hall starting next week. I've felt so unproductive in these last couple weeks. I got paid yesterday.. but for what? That saddens me.. Oh, I started applying for jobs again. I like my situation now, and I see that there are some opportunities of advancement, but I'm also a believer that if I stay with gov't too long, no one from the private sector will ever think twice about hiring me. That's the problem though, the City is a great place to start, and 30 years from now I could be pretty high up.. but it limits my options. If I ever did want to make a career change, I wouldn't be able to. I'd be restricted to gov't, and, there's no municipal gov't in canada that's bigger than Toronto's, so where would I go if I wanted to improve?

My uncle in maryland suggested I could move in with him and look for work there. That is certainly a possibility. I've got a few friends in MD, cousins and more than a few fantasy football acquaintances. MD's got a bunch of churches that I already have heard about. It would be a good move for me.

My mom and bro came back from their visit to NV. My parents already put a down payment on a new home there. It's bigger than the one we have now, and actually a lot cheaper too. Housing there is really cheap, even in US $$. My dad says some people work 4 days a week there, 10 hours a day. That's pretty crazy. I only work 35 hours a week, and these people are working 40, and cramming it in 4 days. That's a lot of hours in one day!!

Well anyway break time is over.

No comments: