May 17, 2004

storage

Well.. it was bound to happen, and finally it has. My harddrive is dying. Today I transferred all the important stuff from my D and E drives to my C drive. D and E are the same physical drive partitioned into two. D was my games, which can of course be reinstalled. E drive was media.. all of which legal of course, so I can get back.

An entire gigabyte's worth of digital camera pictures, which to me was the most important thing from those two drives.. Memories from the last 4 years. My time at McMaster, Ottawa, Urbana, trip to China, graduation, Disney World, Baltic Sea, flooded basement, countless weddings..

It's hard to believe I never burned them to CD! I am *very* happy about my choice to have two physical harddrives now.. hehe

small group

This past Friday we wrapped up the book we've been reading -- Whatever Happened To Worship, by Tozer. I had a lot of trouble understanding the gist of each chapter, possibly due to his writing/speaking style, or perhaps I'm just dumb. But either way, it was good to discuss each of them and get a general feel about how everyone felt about the issues he dealt with. I felt that most of the stuff he said was pretty obvious, but I guess it was good to be reminded of many of those things.

During one session we talked about satan's temptations, and how easy it is snap at a co-worker.. actually I guess it was two things, that, and how satan puts thoughts into our heads and we get manipulated so easily.

First with the co-worker thing, I thought that I didn't do it, but today at work this guy left me a message and after I heard I thought to myself, 'omg.. this guy is so st..' and then I stopped myself and realized what I was doing. However, I've never really snapped at anyone at work, more just thought about it.

Second, our war with satan. Today's readings of Wild at Heart talked about the same thing, about the battle we face each and every day, and how satan is able to first send us a message, and that message slowly eats away at us, and how he gets us to doubt ourselves, cause descension, that sort of thing that leads us to sin.

The whole theme of the book has been to be a man, that is, to be a warrior and to stand up for ourselves, be like William Wallace: "All men die; few men ever really live.", and this part of the book kind of sums it up for me. Eldredge talks about the realization that we are in a battle, and to go to battle we need to be prepared. And how do we prepare ourselves -- by simply doing whatever brings me back to my heart and the heart of God.

I think that's the reason I've started reading again, because I've felt lately like I've been slipping. For whatever reason I've been feeling.. not so much sad or anything but, more like inadequate, or not good enough.

No comments: