April 08, 2005

Recover post

Haha.. anyone else notice the new blogger feature? I bet it's there because of the thousands of complaints on the forums about lost posts! Hmm.. Did it really take 24 hours to implement this feature?

Recently been listening to Mariah, albums 1-5. It never ceases to amaze me the kind of range that she had. She had 4-octave talent. Think about that. I can sing maybe 4 octaves, but a couple of those octaves are either whimpers or falsetto's. She could sing (no) -BELT- out 4 octaves. FOUR OCTAVES. This is why, despite what she has been doing in the last 10 years, I still love Mariah.

MissionFest is tomorrow. Or rather, it's today and tomorrow but I'm going tomorrow. I'm going. I've been praying all week about it, praying for the ability to discern thoughts going through my mind, between which thoughts are mine and which are what the Spirit is feeding me. Or, maybe that something in me will spontaneously push me forward and just do something. Last year I came real close. Before, I'd just walk past people and smile at them. Last year I picked up pamphlets. And I spoke to a few people.

It's weird going to these things, as opposed to job fairs where the ultimate goal is to just get whatever freebie they are giving out. Mission booths aren't giving away free pens, mousepads, or stress balls. They're giving out opportunities in life to please God. So my approach to each booth is entirely different. It's a lot scarier, because they are essentially looking to take a freebie from me -- my love, my will -- instead of the other way around. I dunno, I find that incredibly daunting.

Anyway, I'm late for small group.

No comments: