January 04, 2012

Today's thoughts

Revisiting my NFL Predictions
Pretty much the only scenario that can still happen is an NFC championship game between the Saints and Packers, as well as the AFC championship between the Patriots and Steelers.  Several months ago I thought the Saints could win it all, and I still think this is quite possible.

Predictions to actual matchups
Steelers at Broncos.  I'm going with the underdogs here, despite my early season projections.  I've underestimated Ben Roethlisberger in my fantasy leagues on several occasions this season, but considering that he is actually limping, and the fact that Rashard Mendenhall is out, leads me to believe there is a small chance here for an upset.  How great would it be if Tim Tebow can gut this one out in his first playoff game?

Bungles at Texans.  I can't think of any reason why the Bengals don't win this one.  They have a solid defense, and their offense is all healthy.  Houston is just getting Andre Johnson back but they've got TJ Yates as their QB and (I think) Arian Foster is hobbled, even if he does still play.  This one will come down to Houston's pass rush and pass protection.  I think the Bungles win.

Falcons at Giants.  I like the Giants in this matchup.  I think all the talk about the Giants being unable to run this year will be erased by the end of this game.  They still have healthy guys and a decent line to break holes, and Eli Manning has been playing well.  I think the Falcons are fully capable of the upset though, it'll be a close game.

Lions at Saints.  Since I have the Saints going to the Superbowl, they're obviously going to have to win this one.  I think they're just too good, and the fact that the Lions couldn't stop Matt Flynn last week says to me that despite the crazy amount of adjustments they'll make to react from last week's blowout, they won't be able to stop Brees, at all.  Although he's not as elusive as Rodgers, he's equally fearless and will get the job done.  Btw, I'm happy for the Lions finally making the playoffs.

No comments: