March 10, 2004

cRaptors

Highlight of the game: The Raptor soars over Miss World.


Ahh.. my final game of the season. We played the Cavaliers, and boy oh boy did we stink. It was me, Kenric, Ryan and Ben. After the first quarter I turned to Kenric to ask him if he wanted to get a beer. We were already losing by a lot. Actually, I don't think the Raptors played that badly until the 4th quarter, and by then the game was already out of reach. Cleveland shot very well, and just got lucky a lot of times tonight. Boozer didn't have his insane rebounding numbers, so it's not like we were drastically outrebounded. It was just the matter of them shooting extremely well that handed us our loss.

I never felt the Raptors would make the playoffs, and have I always felt that if we could only miss the playoffs, then Grunwald would be fired. At this point, I think the Raptors have to realize they aren't going to make the playoffs, and start losing games on purpose. It hard to lose on purpose I know, and what's even harder is if they really wanted to lose, they'd have to play Murray more, and if they play Murray more then he's more likely to stay with the team rather than opt out of his contract and save us $5M. I think, if they started to play like they wanted to lose, and still kept benching Murray, that might infuriorate him so much that he'd opt out at seasons' end.

Well *enough* with sports.

Once again God teaches another lesson, as I came across the next lessons in the book this morning, on the burden of doubt, and then the burden of homesickness. Amazing, how God works. Just think, if I'd gotten a seat yesterday on the subway, I would have read that chapter and then not blogged about my homesickness, and disappointments. Strange, that God would want me to discover these flaws in myself before pointing out the solutions.

No comments: