August 24, 2003

caught red-handed!
the funniest thing just happened. i just finished mopping the kitchen, took me awhile to clean up the grannies' mess, but i finally got it out. then I told them not to go into the kitchen because it was still wet.

anyway, then i went back to watch tv, and to my surprise my grandmother comes out to see me through the kitchen, so i reminded her i'd just cleaned up. so she went back to my room. out of curiosity, i went back to look at the kitchen floor. a clear set of prints, almost like someone had come out of sandbox!

so i went over to their room, and just then my grampa asked me, why is our kitchen floor always so dirty? they couldn't figure it out.. grandma blamed it on the fact that the kitchen floor is black so everything shows up on it, whereas in their room, it looks clean (hardwood). i told her it was probably her slippers that were dirty. she insisted it was just the color of the floor that was at fault.

so i pulled grampa aside and showed him the prints my grandma had made. i pointed out that she was the only person to walk in the kitchen since i had mopped. therefore, it had to be her slippers. so grampa waddles back to their bedroom and tells her. but she won't believe it. so i walk over and say, come and see the marks you made, you were the only one in the kitchen since i mopped. at that point she realized it must be her slippers, but because of her proud ways, she refused to get up, citing she was 'too tired'. LOL

i got her! hahahaha..

No comments: