August 19, 2003

hello

what a depressing song.

playground school bell rings again
rain clouds come to play again
has no one told you she's not breathing?
hello I’m your mind giving you someone to talk to
hello

if I smile and don't believe
soon I know I’ll wake from this dream
don't try to fix me I’m not broken
hello I’m the lie living for you so you can hide
don't cry

suddenly I know I’m not sleeping
hello I’m still here
all that's left of yesterday

i guess this is just more notes on the group evanescence. yeah, i know sometimes you can analyze something to death. but listening to their songs, it's odd to think they claim to no longer believe in Him when you look at their lyrics, the whole album is like one giant spiritual war.

Take a look at Going Under's first verse:

"Now I will tell you what I've done for you
Fifty thousand tears I've cried
Screaming, Deceiving, and bleeding for you
And you still won't hear me...
Going under

Don't want your hand this time
I'll save myself
Maybe I'll wake up the walls
Now tormented daily, defeated by you
Just when I thought I'd reached the bottom"

Then there's Tourniquet:

"I'm dying,
Praying,
Bleeding,
Screaming.
Am I too lost to be saved ?
Am I too lost ?
My God! My Tourniquet,
Return to me salvation.
My God! My Tourniquet,
Return to me salvation.

Do you remember me ?
Lost for so long.
Will you be on the other side ?
Will you forgive me ?"

And then there's Everybody's Fool:

"perfect by nature
icons of self-indulgence
just what we all need
more lies about a world that

never was and never will be
have you no shame don't you see me
you know you've got everybody fooled

look here she comes now
bow down and stare in wonder
oh how we love you
no flaws when you're pretending
but now I know she "

Other than the "she" part, this could be the group struggling with the feeling of betrayal by God. Maybe they went through a sufferous time in their lives. I dunno.

It just goes to show you, sometimes a band can truly come out of nowhere, just cuz they actually had something to sing about. Look at Alanis Morrissette, that first album was great, but afterwards, that passion was gone, and now she stinks.

Field of Innocence, confusing:

I still remember the world
From the eyes of a child
Slowly those feelings
Were clouded by what I know now

Where has my heart gone
An uneven trade for the real world
I want to go back to
Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all

I still remember the sun
Always warm on my back
Somehow it seems colder now

Where has my heart gone
Trapped in the eyes of a stranger
I want to go back to
Believing in everything

No comments: