March 16, 2010

Walk of shame

The XBOX 360 Arcade went on sale last Friday, dropping from $200 to $130. I had permission to buy one so we picked it up on Friday night. I played it for a couple hours on Friday night, then a few more hours on Saturday night. On Sunday night when I tried to power it up, I got the 3 flashing red lights. The XBOX was dead.

So yesterday after work we took the console back to Future Shop to exchange it for another one. Unfortunately they didn't have any left. Bummed, I put it back in the car and we went to a store called "Frugo", which is found next to the Future Shop (Hwy 7 and Warden), and is owned by the husband of one of my wife's co-workers. The store has pretty much everything you can think of, it's like a Chinese Walmart.

As I wandered around the store, I noticed that my right foot was a little uncomfortable and kept hearing squeaking noises when I stepped down on the heel. So knelt over to examine my shoe.

To my surprise, I discovered that I was wearing different colored shoes! My left foot had my normal brown Bostonians, but my right foot had on my black Bostonians. I couldn't believe it. I leave an older pair of black shoes at work for winter use (so I can wear boots to work), I guess I must have switched them at some point during the day and put on the wrong shoes when I left work!

I was totally embarrassed, but it was pretty funny so I showed my wife she laughed at me. It also dawned on me that I'd have to go to work again wearing the same shoes, different colored shoes, on the GO Train and through the downtown core.

LOL!

No comments: