January 06, 2012

My Review of Freestyle Netbook Messenger

Originally submitted at Timbuk2

Classic Messenger Bag with netbook, Kindle and iPad with Smart Cover protection.


Useful and practical bag

By ebrian from Toronto, ON on 1/6/2012

 

4out of 5

Pros: Comfortable Strap, Stylish, Rugged, Good Protection, Lots Of Pockets And Features

Cons: Not Weatherproof, Uncomfortable Strap, Velcro is noisy, No Handle

Best Uses: Commuting, Light Protection, Heavy Duty Protection

Describe Yourself: Stylish, Bargain Hunter, High-End Shopper, Practical

Primary use: Personal

I'm big on slingpack types of bags, but when you walk into a board room you look like a kid. So this bag suits me well for work purposes. It'd be good to have a handle at the top so I can carry it like a mini-briefcase.

In terms of size, it was smaller than I thought it would be, but there's enough volume to fit my lunch, a small drink box, and some fruit, as well as my Kindle and a notebook. There's a ton of pockets as well for your various knick knacks, although I'm sad there's no narrow pocket for a pen.

I wish the connector for the strap-to-bag wasn't so bulky. There's this tightening mechanism and a click connector which seems kind of redundant and take a fair bit of space. The main bag flap is a bit narrow compared to the width of the actual bag (there's maybe 1/2 inch open on each side, which means if it's pouring rain your stuff is going to get wet). But I'm just getting nitpicky at this point.. it's a good bag.

(legalese)

No comments: