June 17, 2002

Is it June already? I am still unemployed. Sometimes I wonder if I will ever join the ranks of the employed. Not that I'm worried, just wondering.

I started up "reading" again. I'm currently reading two books, one called Active Spirituality, and the other called My Rights, My God. I'm using the first as a devotional, and the second as, well, reading material. The last time I tried reading the first book, it didn't seem to mean much to me, but from the get-go this time, from day 1 it has hit home each and every time. I got actually got that book 8 years ago, as a baptismal present!

T3C has become much more open as I've gone their more and more regularly. I find that as an outsider looking in, T3C was not the greatest for newcomers, but once you're "in", the people are great, friends are awesome, and God is definitely affecting a lot of peoples' lives there.

I don't know if people know this, but during the school year I listen to almost all rap and hip hop, because my housemates listen to ONLY that stuff. Towards the end of the year though, Nickleback and Creed were really coming on strong, and I began to listen to rock. I also around that time came across this article and this article that talk about worship and rock music. Worship can be a funny thing. From their interpretations, they were basically saying that we could worship God with any kind of music, and all that mattered was our mindset and heartset. In that case, we could potentially go to church, and play a familiar song without words, and people who knew the song could be worshipping God as they listened to the song.

Thus, lyrics don't totally matter. Take the song Everything by Lifehouse, check out the following lyrics. The singer is talking about a woman, however, applied to our Lives, we can apply the same words to God. Thus I can worship God while playing this song -- I'll leave you now with the lyrics:

Find me here
Speak to me
I want to feel You
I need to hear You

You are the Light
That's leading me
To the place
Where I find peace.. Again

You are the Strength
That keeps me walking
You are the Hope
That keeps me trusting
You are the Light
To my soul
You are my purpose
You're everything

CHORUS:
How can I stand here with You
And not be moved by You?
Would You tell me how could it be,
Any better than this?

You calm the storms
You give me rest
You hold me in Your hands
You won't let me fall
You still my heart
You take my breath away
Would You take me in
Take me deeper now

Chorus (x2)

Bridge (x4):
('Cause) You're all I want
You're all I need
You're Everything Everything

Chorus (x3)

No comments: