July 21, 2002

I've been to hundreds, maybe thousands of praise nights, testimonials, conferences, etc. Last week at church someone spoke about her upcoming missions trip, and I was given two prayer letters, one from the girl who spoke, and one from another friend. My parents always ask me about why I've never been on a missions trip. A simple answer, I've never felt that burden. Even at Urbana, an event focused on missions, where a popular 'catch phrase' ("... ever since I went to Urbana I have been praying about ...") was coined after, I never felt any burden, no appeal towards missions.

Tonight God spoke directly to me about missions for the first time ever, at another ol' P&W. I can't even remember what song we were singing when it hit me, but God's message was simple: What have you done for me lately?

No comments: