July 09, 2002

My dad came home today, his face was all red, nose especially, and his arms were red as well. As some of you know, my dad works for the City of Toronto. He's not part of the unionized parts that are on strike and as a result, he had to work at the garbage transfer station today. Conditions sound pretty bad there, there are about 50 tonnes of garbage that need to be sorted through, and apparently my dad and 4 other people got it all done. Please pray for this garbage situation to end quickly. It seems I didn't fully understand the strike situation as well as I thought. The garbage people are on strike but not by choice, it's the union leaders who have made them go on strike. The fact is if the union leaders allowed the workers to vote for whether to continue the strike, it would've been over long ago.

Pray for the union leaders!

No comments: