February 22, 2010

February 22, 2010

I have not cooked in about 3 weeks.

Three weeks ago my wife and I went on a cruise to the southern areas of the Caribbean. It was an awesome cruise. I would post some pictures, but in all honesty we rarely take pictures anymore. I think it has something to do with the hassle of carrying around a camera, and then the added hassle of asking people to take our camera and take a picture for us. We take mental photos now :)

When we got back, we hosted a Superbowl party and there were so many leftovers, that the food lasted us an entire week. Pizza, chicken wings, chips and dips!

The following week was Chinese New Year. We went to my in-law's for dinner along with my parents, and my mother-in-law cooked up a 10 course meal. There were so many leftovers, so we took a good 2 days worth of food home. That was on Saturday. On Sunday my own parents came over to our house and we made dumplings from scratch. That was a lot of fun. Note to self for future reference -- don't use lean ground pork. Use the fattiest stuff you can find.. it makes juicier dumplings. Anyway, once again there were tons of leftovers, another 2-3 days worth of dumplings, both boiled and fried. Mmmmm..

Fast forward to this past Friday where we ended up ordering takeout Indian food from Ambiyan, a place we discovered a months ago. They have 2 person special that comes out to around $50 after delivery costs, but is usually enough for 2-3 meals. You can order 2 meat dishes, 1 veggie dish and they give you two naans and rice in that package.

So yea, I haven't cooked in about 3 weeks.

No comments: