February 23, 2010

February 23, 2010

Yesterday on the drive home from work, I felt like I had something in my pocket that wasn't sitting the right way, making my "space" very uncomfortable. For those who kept up back in the day, I had been using the All-Ett Billfold wallet which is famous for a reduced thickness thereby keeping the wallet bulge to a minimum.

Ever since we got back from vacation 3 weeks ago, where I stopped carrying a wallet at all for fear of getting robbed, I had grown accustomed to not wearing a wallet. So I got this case that I've been using to carry limited amount of cards and a few folded up bills. Anyway, it's been pretty convenient but it does often get in the way of my keys, which are also in that same pocket. So sometimes the keys jab into my leg if the case is sitting the wrong way.

Usually I'll prop myself up and pull my pants down/outward to clear up the "wedge" area and give myself more breathing room. This time it just wasn't working. I thought maybe it was because I had to clear the snow off my car, and in my haste maybe my pants had been shifted one way and that was now making me uncomfortable.

Traffic was stop and go, (mostly stop) due to the 10-15cm of snow falling from the sky at the time.

People always drive so slow in the snow, I wonder if that's a good thing or not. I noticed the next day someone must have thought I was going slow without checking his speedometer. I was going 80 in a 60 zone and he zoomed right past me on the right lane. Maybe he had to go pee..

Anyway, so there I was stuck in traffic, trying to adjust my pants. I tried all the tricks that any guy would try, making sure any tucked in garments were out, shifting my underwear so that it wasn't within the sealed off belt tightened area. Twisted left and right, pulling outwards to leave crotch area aired out. Nothing was working.

Finally there was a red light so I put the car to brake. Fortunately with the snow and the heat, most of the windows were fogged up except for the front where I had my defrost thing going on. I took off my seatbelt, and then un-did my belt, expecting some relief. However there was none as it was still as tight as before.

I looked around to make sure no one could see me, and I undid the top bottom of the pants. That felt pretty good, but I needed more room. So slowly, I started zipping down. Each little tooth of the zipper felt great as they were released one by one, until finally, AAAHHHH.. that felt sooo good.

Then the light turned green so I quickly buckled up my seatbelt and put the car back into drive, and continued my drive home.

No comments: