September 08, 2011

Revision on my early NFL predictions

In the event that Peyton Manning misses half the season: 

South 
y-Houston Texans (10-6)
Indianapolis Colts (8-8)
Tennessee Titans (7-9)
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)

In the event that Peyton Manning misses the entire season:

South 
y-Houston Texans (10-6)
Tennessee Titans (8-8)
Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10)
Indianapolis Colts (5-11)
I think the Colts minus Peyton Manning are a below average team, and as they've been built around one player, switching him out without planning for it will be detrimental for the season.  I think a best case is maybe they win 7 games, but with injuries and all that, I think 5 is a safe and conservative number.  

This changes the potential playoff matchups, but I don't think it'll make a difference in the overall picture.  The Houston Texans have made some improvements this year but they have no chance against the AFC elite.

No comments: