September 27, 2011

Initial Reactions, Part II

Terra Nova
As far as initial reactions go, 5 minutes into this show I realized it would most likely be a big hit, and it's honestly the first time I've felt this way about a new show since LOST.  I've yet to watch more than 20 minutes of it though but it's #1 on the PVR list for tonight.

Ringer
Sarah Michelle Gellar is back on TV and like the first time around, I'm just not that interested.  Yes, I realize this takes away a lot of my credibility, but I did not watch Buffy. 

Two and a Half Men
This show is no good anymore.  The formula was a combination of the awesomeness of an immature adult (Charlie (Harper) Sheen's character), and a mature adult who's life totally sucks (Jon (Alan Harper) Cryer's character).  And mixed in there with lots of sexual innuendo and a really stupid teenager.  

What they've done in the attempt to replace Charlie Harper is added Ashton Kutcher, who plays this immature adult who is not awesome at all but very angsty.  Basically he's a mixture of Charlie and Alan Harper, but all the non-fun parts combined.  The stupid teenager Jake, meanwhile, has all but disappeared, largely in due part to the writers desperately trying to introduce a new character to an audience not new to the show. 


No comments: