August 21, 2002

It's been 4 days since I got back from my trip. The thing is, I was so spoiled on that cruise ship, it's pretty been humbling being back, and have to cook my own food, cleanup after myself, etc. I've written up a report on my trip, about the various excursions, some interesting things I saw and experienced. I'm not done it yet though. It's around 6 pages so far. When I get it done I'll upload it somewhere so people can read. I don't think it'd be a very good idea to put it up here, as it would be far too long.

The trip was awesome, and that if I had a choice between living here in Canada and moving out to Europe somewhere, I would choose europe in a heartbeat. It's so much more tranquil there. Like Ottawa, with less cars, less snow, and no humidity in the summer :P

This week has been pretty hectic so far. On Monday I met with a few old classmates discussing our IT consulting company. Man, it's so hard to find that first client.. If only we could find one, then we'd be set. Seriously, the work out there isn't that hard to do, it's just a matter of landing that first job. Even though the chances of us landing anything is minute, we're still going for it anyway, since none of us can find a job. Tuesday I went out for lunch with some old friends from milliken. That was a great time, one guy, moosbacher i hadn't seen in 2 years. He's going into seminary this fall.

Something I think about is how people know they have to go somewhere, like seminary for instance. Are they compelled to go, or do they just feel it's good timing, or have they been praying about it and all signs point to it. And when you get there, are you willing to go? Do you have a passion for it and then you go, or do you go unwillingly despite all the signs? What if you go just because it seems like something God might want? Or how about this, do you go because you don't know what else to do and since it's serving God, you know that at least it won't hurt?

Oh and another thing I was thinking about, is last Sunday, for worship we sang a new song that was taken from TC2002. When the song started playing all the teens started jumping up and down and waving their arms, even though we'd just sung 4 songs just before and they seemed completely listless. What's with that? Were the previous songs so bad? Were the lyrics meaningless to them for the first few songs? Were the words from the TC song that much more meaningful? Or was it just the memory of the fun they had at TC that made them get so excited? If it was the Spirit, which I seriously doubt, why didn't He compel them to jump up and down on the other songs?

No comments: