September 28, 2002

Fellowship was really nice tonight. We had a coffee house. It was nice.

*Warning, Sports blurb coming up*
I've been thinking of starting a basketball fantasy pool, possibly on Yahoo. I've sort of kept up with what's going on in basketball over the offseason. The Raps acquired Lamond Murray from the Cavs for Mr. Ouch-I-got-a-paper-cut-now-I-can't-play-even-though-I-get-4-million-dollars-per-season Michael Stewart. This is good news.. Lamond Murray was a great mid-season pickup in most fantasy leagues last season. I suspect he'll supplant Morris Peterson at small forward, possibly even take over that position entirely. He wanted out of Cleveland because he wasn't going to get to start, because of the addition of Darius Miles. So I suspect it's a thing about playing time. Anyway I think Peterson can be a better player than Murray, but I'm doubtful that he can keep up that level of play for all 82 games + playoffs. Raptors need to try to make another move and get a centre.. Hakeem is going to retire.

I feel less pressured today as I did on 9/25. I've seem more job postings lately, I mean it's still not pretty, just watch the finance news and you'll know how bad it is, but it's looking up. I hope to have a job soon though, I'm pretty optimistic even though I won't seem optimistic if you ever talked to me. I saw Garv, he came to the coffee house. He probably knew more people there than I did.. haha

No comments: