January 29, 2005

Hopefully if I get some time this weekend I'll work on my new blog layout.

I love the sensation you get right when you get back in from the cold outdoors, when the blood rushes back in and it feels hot. I have that right now in my hands, they're burning up. This reminds me that I need to buy some gloves. Just for driving really.. I have trouble grasping the wheel when I'm driving because it's so cold.

I finally hit the 5 digit mark on Wednesday, when I drove to Ken's place to practice for small group worship. Yes, I've had my car for 17 months, and I just hit the 10,000 km mark :)

Tonight's small group was good too, last week was great, this week was great. God has been answering prayer and I think we are getting where I wanted to be with our group. I mean we're not there yet, but it's coming along. Ken and I had this goal, a vision of where we wanted to go, and I think by God's grace we will get there. We're way ahead of schedule.

Last week we couldn't even finish half of the chapter, so we assigned only 5 additional pages, and we didn't even get that far. Personally I'm glad, I love the fact that we are talking about things that gets people to think about themselves, to reflect, etc.

--

I finally cracked open my "Left Behind Worship" cd, it came with my How-To Songbooks from WorshipTogether. Originally I had intended on giving it to someone for Christmas, but decided against it because I had gotten it as a "gift" from WT, and didn't like the idea of re-gifting. So anyway I ended up listening to it by default because I had lent out my "Almost There - MercyMe" and "Arriving - Chris Tomlin" CDs.

The CD is pretty good. It's a compilation of songs, not recent songs but good ones. One that's got me going right now is King of Glory by Third Day. It's one of those 'sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs' worship songs. I confess that the words aren't particular awe-inspiring, but they are the Truth. And the song sounds great. Anyway, I'll put it up along with the new site when I get a chance to.

No comments: