January 23, 2005

together

In Chapter 3 of Seizing Your Divine Moment, McManus talks about a funeral he went to. He marvelled at how even people in the back were deeply touched by that person's life, how the funeral was more of a celebration than a sad time of mourning.

It kinda made me think about how I've lived my life. How I've chosen my friends, who I associated myself with, whether or not I made the right decisions in the past.

This past week I met up with some old classmates and it was a good time. We asked about eachother, how things were, marital status, work experience, etc. Some of those guys were among my closest friends at McMaster.

Yesterday I went to Jacqueline's farewell dinner, and ran into a few people from my past and present -- some friends, some not.

I guess it just made me think about the choices I've made, the paths I could have taken and didn't, or paths I did take but shouldn't have. I think about all the "groups" of friends I have. They seem so segregated. Although now all my friends are closer, in terms that they all know eachother, I just wonder what it would be like to have them all together in one big room, like at a funeral, or a banquet.

Would it be weird? In some sense I have been a different person in each of those groups, as in they were in different stages of my life and my behavior around them was different. Having everyone together from all walks of my life.

No comments: