June 30, 2006

What is the world coming to?

In 2006, the 3 biggest issues facing kids in school, according to teachers:

1. Violence
2. Drugs
3. Sex

In 1956:

1. Talking in class
2. Chewing gum in class
3. Running in the halls..

--

In other news, it has been approximately 11 months since I had any kind of 'girl fever'. This is a great thing. I like me better when I'm not 'sick'.. I'm more relaxed, happier, etc. There's always that big fear that something bad will happen that I'll never live down or that wretched, heartbreaking feeling afterwards. Avoiding that is probably the best thing.

Although physically I've been sick more this year than I can ever remember. I was thinking of trying just one week of eating healthily, just to see what it's like for those poor suckers who actually do this.

The funniest thing about me being sick all the time, is that I was perfectly healthy when I used to sit to come home from work and play WoW til 2am, eat some Chunky soup, and go to sleep, wake up 5 hours later to play another hour and then go to work. In fact, as hard as it is to believe, I was the healthiest during that year of irresponsibly skipping meals and playing computer 10 hours per day. I was rarely sick, didn't have love handles like I do now, I was 135-140 lbs compared to 155 lbs now, and I wasn't tired all the time like I am now. Strange isn't it.

Now I'm getting 7-8 hours of sleep per night, haven't skipped a meal in months, I workout every day, eat great meals -- pasta, steaks, korean stuff, balanced meals of veggies and meat, grains and proteins. I get a healthy amount of fresh air every day, go out with friends, etc. And here I am getting sick almost once every 9 or 10 days. Go figure.

But anyway, as I was saying earlier, I'm happier than ever, joyous even.

No comments: