October 18, 2011

Today's thoughts

Don't just 'occupy' something
I think that the people who are occupying Wall Street have good reason to be doing it.  However, the ones doing it in Toronto.. doesn't hold a lot of water with me.  First of all, we have health care.  Our financial institutions didn't receive a bailout.  We have very good welfare services, community housing, etc.  Unlike the Americans, the marginalized are pretty well taken care of here in Canada.  So don't occupy Bay Street just because you want to be part of something cool and meaningful.  Understand the issues and then act accordingly. 

Razing the roof
Our roof started leaking last week.  It's no fun, and on top of that, fairly stressful.  In all honesty it's not like my 'things' are in danger of getting wet, it's just the idea that water is coming through the roof into my house that bothers me.  And perhaps the potential danger of mold.  Another thing that concerns me is despite what I've read on Wikipedia and other DIY sites, I really don't know a whole lot about roofing.  Chances are, when I hire whomever to fix it, I'm going to get ripped off.  

I don't like getting ripped off.


No comments: