November 12, 2002

I ended up taking my mouse, my optical microsoft mouse to my small group to show everyone what a loser i was that this stupid pointing device actually represented my daily life. How sad is that. Some people brought things that meant something to them, and they were even able to tie these items in with their spiritual walk. Like one guy, had a stethoscope with him (doc), and he related how the rubber on the thing sometimes gets cold and so you can't hear as well, so you need to keep it warm. He then related it to his prayer life and how he needs to learn to listen to God when He speaks to him. Anyway, what was I to say, that the mouse's pointer was similar to me letting God point me in the right direction? Haha. Cheese..

It was an interesting experience though. I hate to share, but I've been learning that I need to force the things upon myself as they will make me a better person. At best I can say I don't mind sharing with 2-3 people, but we had 12, and it was an uncomfortable feeling.

I am really enjoying Sunday School, the class I'm taking is almost like another small group. We get regularly 8-10 people which is a decent size. The teacher is really gifted in teaching. He gets the point across while making it pretty interesting. Oh top of which, he gets us all thinking, and when needed, he scares me. After the first lesson about demons and evil spirits, I had to sleep with the lights on for a week. I was terrified. Not so much of demons, but of the possibility of demons. You know that saying, "there's nothing to fear except fear itself". I totally agree with that.

Mil was up in Toronto this weekend as we tried to hook up on Saturday but it didn't work out. She wanted to meet at Eaton's Centre, so I suggested the food court, and I just threw out a place "McDonalds" as a meeting spot. Unfortunately when I got there, there was no McD's in the food court, but one off to the side. I must've been there for about an hour, so then I called home, and my dad said she had called and couldn't find the McDonald's. Somehow my dad had the idea I had gone to the Bay, so he told her I went there! So then I had to wander through the Bay, looking.. that Bay is huge, it has 4-5 stories.. crazy!! I never did find her, after about 2 hours of searching and waiting, and I was late for my guitar lessons, so I went home. Later in the evening, Drew gave me a call and we went out for BT at a place called Tea Shop 168. I hear that there is one in Ottawa as well. They had a good variety of flavors, and were much cheaper than Ten Ren's. They had a deal where you could get a 'bau' plus a BT all for only $4.50. That's a pretty sweet deal..

My mom is back from Taiwan now. Praise God that she has come back safely to us!

No comments: