November 28, 2002

Those 9 hours of sleep helped a lot. I mean, I was still startled when my alarm went off, but I was a lot fresher than yesterday. Yesterday, I almost fell asleep after lunch. But today, i was fully alert. I did all my work too, and I even finished the work that Mark gave me within only half a day! I was pretty satisfied with myself!

I have my G2 road test tomorrow afternoon. (yes, i'm really 24). I'm pretty nervous, even though the last time when i failed it, it was with a van and now i'm doing it with a tiny little corolla. Still, i've only driven that car 3 times, hopefully those 'refresher' lessons will pay dividends.. they sure costed me an arm and a leg! I need to pass now though, not like before. If I don't pass now, the next available tests I've heard are in February. And if I fail that one, then it's really crunch time. Since my contract expires in May, I would definitely have to pass the next test in May, because I would definitely need a license if my contract wasn't renewed with the City (i take the subway to work). Even worse, if I failed again in May, then I would be in big trouble, because the rest of my family will be gone before the next test date, which probably will be some time in August or September!

I haven't practiced guitar at all this week. I played every single day last week, sometimes twice a day, and most times 2-3 hours at a time. I always do this. My callouses build up, and then I stop for a long time and then the next time I play again, I have to build up those callouses all over again. I want to master the accompanyment (?) for Sound of Silence (simon and garfunkel). Hopefully then I can find someone willing to play the strumming part to perform with me next week in my guitar class. I suppose there's always next week.

I've decided that I'm finally going to get me one of those wireless telephones that almost everyone I know has. I have been looking at the different plans available, and the different phones available. Wow, I can't believe that some of my still unemployee pals can afford these things! You gotta pay for the phone, then the plan. And, on top of that you still have to spend even more to make it look nice, with all those flashing lights and colors? Why oh why?

No comments: