March 07, 2005

jammin'

Does the font appear all blurred? It does for me at home, but looks fine at work.

I hosted jamming last night. We had a pretty good turnout. duncan & nancy, andrew & gladys, and bigjon. We spent a good amount of time churning through the WorshipTogether book and the Chris Tomlin (Arriving) book. I can't believe it's been so long since I last played guitar. Seems like whenever my mom comes to visit I stop practicing. I guess I'm just more comfortable playing when no one is listening..

Anyway, we learned some songs here and there. I must say I really enjoy playing and singing with bigjon. He's got a great range that he can hit which makes it fun to try to match him on harmony. Also he changes things up with his strumming pattern, which is good for my learning and practicing. I think the most fun I've ever had while jamming was the times when it was just me, jon and kevin.

Further on the topic of jamming, is that I've been struggling with the concept of it. It seems (to me at least) that jamming is really more of a guitar practice time than singing praises to God. I am guilty in terms of that, in that I try harder to please myself with my guitar playing than I do trying to put my heart into the singing. I'm more focused on sounding good to everyone else and to myself, rather than focusing on Who we're singing to.

5 more days

5 more days til my mom leaves. She leaves behind her parents which I need to take care of for an additional 18 days. So far it has been fine because I have that buffer (my mom) to keep them from harrassing me. If you'll recall all my stories of grandma. I'm sure there will be more to tell once my mom is gone.

wow

I've played this game for 3 months and I'm starting to (this doesn't mean I'll stop) get bored. I've been thinking of taking a break and giving Knights of the Old Replublic 2 a try. The first game was fantastic — great game, versatility and storyline. I've read the second is more of the same but just more story. I'm interested in giving it a try, but I will probably wait until my grandparents leave before I start.

No comments: