March 14, 2005

tired of this (again)

Today at lunch time, for the first time ever, I thought "I'm tired of this" while having lunch with my friends. This is normally a thought I have at work -- to have this thought a few of my closest friends is just... odd.

I'm not exactly sure what this means. I just felt like, for the entire time at lunch, like I was I tired of it, like I didn't want to be there, or didn't know why I was there.

Lately I've been feeling really anti-social, just feeling like going off on my own and doing things by myself. Passing up opportunities to hang out with friends. At first I thought it was because my mom was home so I naturally felt the need to stay home with her. But she's gone now and I still feel the same way.

7 comments:

akt said...

sokay; maybe you need some of your own time, I think that's natural - but hopefully sooner or later you'll start missing your friends too...!

Anonymous said...

hmm interesting, so you canned haloscan too in the process? :) i have a question that i'm hoping someone knows the answer to - why does in your profile, it says your most recent post is feb 10?

Psycho Girl said...

I wonder if you're an INFJ. I feel like being hermit sometimes too ... sometimes its necessary to replenish yourself ...

ebrian said...

I do miss my friend.

I haven't been using haloscan much at all. It has some nice features but in the end I'm too lazy to add the code every time I change my template, which is frequent since the blogger templates are so boring.

ebrian said...

True, I do feel like being alone sometimes, but this feeling is not so much wanting to be alone as it is feeling as if I'm just wasting my time.. as in I'm sitting there amongst friends thinking that I could be doing something else more worthwhile.

akt said...

That's interesting...in line with what we're studying in Life Together in sg. Could it be that even in common gathering of friends; true fellowship & a connection of the soul is still lacking? That's something I've currently been challenged with..

Anonymous said...

I think everyone experiences this at certain points in their lives. For me, it's when something significant has been achieved (like "Okay, now what do I do?), or when I feel like God is talking to me but I'm too busy to listen and talk to Him. Instead of becoming anti-social, I recommend you face the issue head-on: when did you start feeling this way, and what triggered it? Have you talked to God lately? And are you listening to Him?