January 16, 2007

wiiBrian

I made a new year's resolution to start working out, the goal being for me to reach "healthy status" by the time I reach 30. Lon challenged me to work-out a few months ago, saying that he does it so that he can glorify God for as long as is humanly possible.. or something like that. I think that's a pretty good reason to work-out. The other reason would have been to get myself into shape to attract women, but since I already have a girlfriend, I'm just gonna go with the glorifying God reason.

Let's not kid ourselves here.. eBrian and "workout" simply are not two words you will often hear in the same sentence, least not in terms of a "commitment" that will last longer than 2-3 weeks. Although I have a reason to workout, I'm not exactly *UN*healthy, so what's to keep me from going along with my current routine? I need more incentive.

I read this website about this guy who spends 30 minutes per day playing Wii Sports for 6 weeks, and he lost an impressive 9 pounds. If you look at the site, you can see before and after pictures of his gut, which have noticeably shrunk. I am seriously gonna do this.

I have taken pictures of myself, but I will wait until the "after" pictures. I am committing myself to 30 days of training. That is, 30 times that I will blog about wiirking out. I will post the results on the 30th, or on April 1, 2007 (whichever comes first). I am not going to check my calories, or all that stuff. I am simply going to weigh myself each time, and report how long I wiiked out.

Wiirk-out #1
Weight: 152 lbs
Workout time: 8:00pm - 8:37pm

No comments: