March 25, 2003

Christian baptismal is decision for all christians to make when they decide that they feel ready to publicly proclaim that they believe that Christ died for their sins. It seems that a lot of people feel that it's a life-changing experience, and are fearful of this, which I call a misconception. The way I see it is that if you are a believer already, you should have changed your life anyway, and then baptism is just a formality at that point. My parents believe that you need to get baptised in order to get to heaven.. I think they believe more in the act of baptism than the decision to do so. I got into an argument with my parents a few months ago because they were trying to tell my brother to get baptised. I thought it should be his decision, and they thought it should be their decision. I was really confused by this reaction from my parents. I've never really spoken with my brother about christianity. It's tough to when you're growing up in a christian background, to discuss that stuff. It's all you know, so there's not much to debate.

Well praise God, 2 weeks ago my brother decided he wanted to get baptised. It's baptismal sunday this weekend! w00t!

No comments: