March 23, 2003

Is blogger broken? I just checked my website, and my march 21 post was missing but it's below in the edit posts page!

My brother is okay now (thanks, God), i'm not sure where that blood came from, but he is fine now, he just has the sniffles and a sore throat. That blood thing gave me a really queasy feeling, when I heard about it at work I prayed for him on intervals of about 10 minutes, repeatedly til I got home, then more while I took care of him. Bless him! =)

Yesterday I went to the fox & fiddle at john street and adelaide, downtown, for jer's birthday. I got him a bottle of shiraz, from australia. Of course as you may be guessing, I haven't got a clue when it comes to wines. I had to ask his girlfriend what he likes, and also had the help of a kind woman on the internet to give me some advice. Her name was debra, she is a wine broker and has a website, www.debraswine.com. I thought it was very kind of her to give me advice on what to buy. Everyone was at the party, it was a surprise party as well, the look of shock on his face was worth a million bucks. He was very surprised, as he thought he was going to meet some guy for an estimation for an 'enhancement' for his car. I had very little food that night, some chicken wings and calimari, and 1 chicken fajita. I had one glass of ginger ale, and about 3/4 of a pint of beer. The only reason I had any beer was because I was so thirsty and I couldn't find the darn waiter!! But anyway, the beer was quite good.

These guys are my school friends, and it's nice to be with them once in awhile. It's pretty amazing that our class/gang still gets together pretty regularly. I'm very grateful for these friendships. I guess it has something to do with us suffering through the years of school that has enhanced our relationships and built strong bonds.

Last Sunday my sunday school teacher said that on average, a christian loses all of his non-christian friends within the first 3 years of conversion. I was really surprised by that, considering the rest of the class seemed to agree. I was like -- wha..? That is so sad..! I've always believed that while I do need christian friends, I need to balance.. well that's the wrong word, but I've always felt that I needed to always stay friends with my friends. I try not to lose contact with people. If someone I haven't talked to in awhile pops into my mind, or I see them on ICQ or MSN, I always message them. I guess maintain relationships is pretty important to me.. But that christian thing seemed very surprising, I have tons of non-christian friends. Maybe it's because I have reached that closeness with my church friends yet, or maybe God has placed me in places where there aren't many Christians for a reason. I dunno..

Anyway, I also wanted to thank serendipitious ahead of time for giving me a ride later today to church!

No comments: