February 19, 2003

Dear McMaster University,

You called me once last week and 3 times this week. You wanted me to donate money to your alumni club, to help fund a new program -- not that I don't support it, but come on. People, what did you do with the 30,000 dollars worth of my parents' and my money? Hmm?? Is it all gone already? My tuition was the highest out of any other faculty. Furthermore it jumped from 3500 to 5500 in a span of 4 years. I paid for your university centre for 4 years, and you didn't start building it until my final year. I never even got to use it! I paid more than I should have for your lousy food, and had the nerve to tax me extra, just because I didn't live on campus. You bastard.

I spent over $3000 on textbooks, and you upgraded all your books so that I could never sell them back for a decent price. You rendered a perfectly good pine-based email system to a stupid and ugly web-based system. You gave me only 1 megabyte of email disk space, most of the other universities get at least 5 megs. Then, you upgraded it to 5, after I left. Wow, how generous of you! Jerks. And you wouldn't even let me keep my email address afterwards.

I stressed, strived, slept on average 5 hours per night. And for what? So that I could get a job (albeit a job I love) that I could have gotten with a college degree?

You called me at dinner time, and I told you I was eating. Then you called at the exact same time the next day. Once again, I told you I was eating. Then, you called me again the next day, still at the exact same time. Have you no respect? Or logic?

So in a nutshell, let's recap. I spent 4 years, paying for it every bit of the way, including money, time, and my life. You disrepected me, ripped me off, cheated me, and wasted my time. And now you want me to make a donation for all you have given me. Is this correct?

Yours truly,
McMaster Graduate

No comments: