February 14, 2003

Work has been pretty hectic this week. Yesterday I had 3 meetings, and the day before I had another. One of the meetings yesterday was way over my head, so I asked the project leader to give me a book to read. It's called "Web Services Business Strategies and Architectures". It's a pretty good read, I would say that it has been as entertaining as -- ok, i won't lie, it is really boring. Yesterday on the subway I fell asleep after the first paragraph.

MD invited me to his lan party this weekend. I decided I could not go because all of the games they mentioned they will be playing will be pirated copies. None of my classmates believed me when I told them I wouldn't play pirated games. So instead I gave them an excuse that I had to be somewhere tomorrow.

I've been doing curl-ups and whatcha-ma-callits (lying on back, knees bent and pulling them in? It's like a curl up only its the legs curling up instead of back) every night before bed to attempt to rid myself of the 3-4 tires i have around my abdominal area. I have actually noticed a slight difference after a week of doing it. I might be down to 3 tires now.

On bachelorette, Jamie (the shower guy, I thought he'd be a finalist but oh well) mentioned that he gets panic attacks sometimes. I get those too. For no apparent reason, sometimes I will feel nausea, nervousness in confrontations or certain people. Dunno why. By the way, I still think Ryan will take this one. Charlie is good looking, but Ryan is the type of 'whipped' guy that Trista needs..

Do groomsmen have to make speeches/toasts during a wedding banquet?

Yesterday I watched a show called Are You Hot? It was on CityTv. They are searching for the hottest person in America, using judges who are models themselves (I think), and judging by face, body, and sexyness. It's just one big flesh show. The insults that this one judge hurls at the contestants are pretty hilarious. On one girl he says something like "Your slutty outfit makes me think of only two words: How much?". LOL. It's also funny some times a judge would say their clothes weren't right, and the majority of these people would just start stripping. What is wrong with these people?

We switched between that show and Survivor, which is featuring its first boys vs. girls contest. The girls are SO going to win this. When they announced this new "twist" a couple weeks ago, it dawned on me that most (if not all?) of the winners have been males. What easier way to have a woman win that putting m vs. f? Put a group of 8 guys together, as long as the challenges aren't all strength-based, they are going to screw themselves over with their cockiness, sheer lack of brains and machoism. Highlight of the night: Watching the guys struggle across the balance beam, especially when they tried to crawl across.. that was really funny!

No comments: