February 10, 2003

Friday
At fellowship, we were given bible verses that supported 3 different views on how a christian should react in regards to the Iraqi situation. The first was to pray and resort to a diplomatic way to preserve peace. Second was to rely on UN's decision, and third was to "ATTACK!!". A fourth group was an independent view on it, but ended up being same as the first group -- their choice was to have the US disarm, and assume that such an action would be so surprising that everyone would just throw down their weapons and world peace would be upon us. If it were only that easy.. hehe. I was in the first group, because I knew that the easiest way to argue points would be through scripture, and that is what we did, arguing point after point with scripture. You can't really lose, using scriptures, in a room full of Christians :) It wasn't so much winning as just getting a better understanding of the different opinions of each stance. My brother said pd did the same exact 'activity' for his sunday school class on sunday..

After fellership, we went for dessert at a dessert place at first markham place. I swear though, when they said dessert place I thought we were going for waffles/crepes and ice cream. But it was a chinese place.. I had a fruit thing. It was pretty good, strawberries, melon balls, kiwi, with those chewy coconut cubes (from the now banned jelly cups), with a coconut milk and little tapioca balls. yum!

saturday
I had to wake up at 6:30am to go with my mom and bro to pick up my dad at the airport. He looked different, seemed to look older even though it'd only been 2 months since i'd last seen him. Maybe it was from the loads of work he was doing, and maybe stress from not having the family with him. Anyway, it was nice having him back with us. At night, we went to Starwalk buffet (yum!). I had 2 plates of sushi, 1 of mussels. They had one bucket that was labelled "bacon and cauliflower". The funny thing is, it was abalone, not bacon. But everyone saw the sign and just walked past it, so me, bro and dad pretty much cleaned that bucket out of all the abalone! It wasn't real abalone of course, for that would single-handedly put any buffet restaurant out of business. It was more like clam abalone, but still, it tasted the same as abalone and it was very tender! I can't remember the last time I ate this much in one sitting. Maybe not since the last time we went to Starwalk.

Something funny of note was at dessert time, I went with my brother to get some redbean soup and vanilla ice cream. On the way back, I grabbed two spoons. When I sat down, my mom asked me why I got two spoons? I told her bro would probably forget to bring one. The funny thing is, when bro finally came, he also had 2 spoons, because he thought that I would forget to bring one too!

sunday
I really started feeling the effects of not getting to sleep in on Saturday. I was dozing off throughout the sermon, even though it was a pretty good sermon. Even mom said she couldn't stay awake. Bro was having trouble too, I could see he was struggling to stay awake. Meanwhile dad was fine -- even with the jetlag, he normally wakes up at 4:30am (PT), so not that big a deal to him. In Sunday school, it was even worse. I found myself staring down at the workbook and sneaking little 30 second naps every now and then!

I bought warcraftiii on friday, to attempt to continue my vow of not playing pirated games. funny thing is bro was in my room later on, and i was trying to log into battle.net. he said there's no way you'll get in (cuz he though i still had the pirated version). he bet me 10 bucks, and minutes later, bnet opened up. he was pretty surprised! lol. he now owes me 21 bucks from various bets we made. i can't remember where the $1 came from, but the other $10 was from him insisting that angelina jolie played the messed up girl in don't say a word. i knew he was getting the movie mixed up with girl, interrupted. it's funny how all the bets he's lost are the ones he proposed.. hehe

No comments: