February 17, 2003

This past week involved me playing games later than I should have which resulted in me being very tired at work, which led to me not being as productive as I should be. This of course led to long hours at work and getting home late and being too tired to do anything (until night time when i started the process all over again).

On friday, we had small group at EF's place, which is always nice as it is but a hop, skip and a jump away from my house. We did a study from a book about the languages of love. I learned that different people have different tendancies and reactions from the various forms of love, and that some people can take each action differently. I did not look at it that way before, thinking all people prefered what i liked. I like Quality Time, Words of Affirmation and Acts of Service the most. The others were Gifts and Physical Touch. It's not that I don't like getting gifts or hugs, so much as I just prefer the other 3 more.

We had dessert afterwards. During that time I felt sick a little (nausea), so I had some cinnamon hearts and that helped a lot. I ended up eating quite a bit of the home-made cookies that M brought. They were good! Somehow that evening reminded me that I needed to get back to talking to some people that I've lost contact with, just to say hello, or to see how they are doing. I wish that there was a holiday from now til Easter where I'd get a chance to visit some people. Thank God for email.

On Sunday, NY attempted to turn a styrofoam cup inside out (like i always do). She wasn't able to do it without having the bottom pop off. To me that's the hardest part of turning them inside out. That piece almost always pops off, rendering the cup useless. Out of 30+ tries, I have only managed a perfect inversion twice. I think the trick is softening the edges and a lot of heat helps that. As you massage the foam, it gets softer and its less likely for it to crack. Anyway, that's that.

My cellphone has been pretty useless to me thus far. I have received a total of 7 calls. 4 of them were wrong numbers. I have also missed at least a dozen calls. I have used it more to play battleship than anything else. Once again, a 'gadget' purchase that has been proven useless.

I have to pay CIBC for my annual Visa fee. It's due today, and I have not paid it. I will wonder around the PATH area for a CIBC shortly. Wish me luck.

No comments: