February 05, 2003

Yesterday I discovered voice tags on my cell phone (Sony Ericsson T206). I can go "Call", "Mom", and it'll call home. Or, "Voicemail", and it'll check my voicemail. It's a pretty nifty feature! There's also "Dial" "4" "1" "6" -- but I think this part of the feature is a little silly. The whole point is for shortcuts, and that is definitely not a shortcut, as the phone pauses to confirm everything you say, it would take almost 1 minute to dial a 10 digit number. The coolest thing will be doing it in front of other people, with nicknames.

My dad is coming back this weekend to visit us. This means I can finally get a haircut.. My hair hasn't been this long since highschool!

I am reading the book of Joshua. It's kinda funny the way God makes him do so many things that seem extremely silly or trivial. Joshua knows God's promise to the Israelites but through faith and fear obeys His every command. This reminds me of my job searching. Writing up resumes, cover letters. Calling about jobs, asking friends about jobs, thinking about going back to school, applying to 150+ jobs. You kind of know that God will get you a job, eventually, but you have to through the routine anyway. Although the bible never says "God helps those who help themselves", it's almost implied. Maybe it should God helps those who who does what He says to do.

I tried to play guitar last night but my fingers were still hurting from the night before. I found some pretty nice christian chord sites though. Yesterday I watched Smallville as usual, and a bit of American Idol (during commercials). Smallville storylines are getting weaker and weaker these days. This weeks' was almost a total carbon copy of the first time Clark encountered red kryptonite. It bothers me that this show is getting worse and worse. The writers are running out of ideas, or they can't think of ways to make the stories more creative because they're forced to follow the original Superman storylines. For instance, Clark can never get together with Lana because that would negate the Clark/Lois thing later on in his life. Not to mention Lana was mentioned in the Superman movies, and they were never together. Clark won't dawn the tights and cape either, as those weren't made until later on his life. He probably won't even fly either. And Pete will probably die, as he is never mentioned in the movies. Poor Pete..

Praise God, yesterday we sealed the deal on a condo. We can move in mid-April, so I am definitely looking forward to that!

No comments: