January 27, 2003

Another thought on yesterday's party is how God works in one's life, bringing certain people into your lives. It's really quite amazing when I think about the times in which I or my family made certain choices and yet the end result was still the same. We moved from Unionville to North York just after grade 8. I was going to MillikenCCC back then. During my highschool years, most of the teens at church were either from Earl Haig (which I attended), or Unionville High, or Sir John A McDonald. Had I stayed in Unionville, I would have still known the same people, although I guess I would have been closed to the Unionvillers.

My own choice was picking McMaster over Waterloo. I could've been in 'Loo's co-op CS programme. What a loser, and what a bad, bad choice, but back to my point. By going to Mac, I ended up having less choices for internship placements, and thus was forced to work at Craptel, er, Mitel, in Crapsville, er, Ottawa (just kidding... or am i ?! haha). But by this, I had the fortune of meeting many many Waterloo people, which I would have met anyway at Waterloo CCF. However, had I gone to Waterloo, I guess I would not have met many of the Ottawans that I consider true friends in my life.

It's funny when I try to picture how it is in heaven. What was it like for God, when He flipped the page to Brian Yao. "What? They're moving? Alright, let's erase this and put this person here, and this.. ok.. done." Then, "What? He picked McMaster? Dang, what an idiot! Ah well, no worries... Where's the white-out?"

No comments: