January 29, 2003

I just raided the inventory cabinets at work today. Got a new binder, a new mechanical pencil, lead, and a pen. I also organized my desk last week, adding file folders and paper trays. It's too bad I'll be moving upstairs soon, probably in 2-3 weeks. My cubicle is really big here, whereas upstairs it'll be more lab-environment. Here, my cubicle is almost twice the size of the one Mitel gave me. It has its own reception area too. The City handles garbage a little weird here at Metro Hall. It's like a trolley, with 3 drawers, labelled White Paper, Non-Recyclables and Mixed Paper. There is also a label for Reusable Paper, but my thing is missing that particular tray. Each tray is only around 7cm deep, so they fill up pretty quickly. Especially when I have McDonald's. I have to carry each tray over to the larger bins in the kitchen area. The Mixed Paper one fills up really fast!

Yesterday the poker match continued on television, in a live broadcast on just about every station. Doesn't look like either guy will win, so they'll probably end up playing a game of war to resolve everything.

Yesterday my mom went to check out some open houses (condos). She's looking for a 3 bedroom condo, around our area. The plan is to sell the house and buy a condo, then move down to the states. That way they'll have a place to live if ever they come back to visit me, or if my grandparents need to come back to: a) renew their citizenship status b) buy medicine (US healthcare sucks). For the time being though, I'd be living at the new condo, so I'll have lots of room, which is pretty cool, plus I'm sure my parents will furnish the place so I won't have to buy furniture (which is sad in a way, since I was hoping to give my condo a little of my own design taste). Haha..Who am I kidding..?

No comments: