January 27, 2003

Saturday night I headed out to a software engineering reunion, at my friend Nitish's house, out in Brampton. 75% of my 4th year house was there, plus a few others, but basically our 'gang' was there. We had a ping-pong tournament. I placed dead last, which is funny since I have a ping-pong table at home. My excuse is that I haven't played ping-pong for 7 years, since it got stuffed into a corner when we got our pool table. (btw, if anyone wants a pool table, $1000 + moving expenses -- and it's yours).

I get kind of shell-shocked whenever I hang out with these guys because it's "F this" and "F that". I don't get exposed to this much cussing normally, so yeah it's a bit of a shock every time I hang out with these people. They all drink too. (Mind you it is my fault for drinking too much on more than one occasion during the school year.) But it's good though, seeing how everyone is doing. It's also nice to know that all them have realized that our SE degree was a complete waste of time, as all of us are working at IT positions (well, those of us who have found work, that is). That we all think we'd still be in the same position had we all taken programming courses at Seneca kinda scares me, because I keep running into kids at church who are taking SE at Mac, and all I can tell them is "good luck". Well, I'm sure that the market will turnaround some day..

Anyway, as I was saying, these people have such a different lifestyle. They look at me like there's something wrong with me if I don't drink. "Brian, you're not even driving, why aren't you drinking?", they'd tell me. "Brian, it's only 1am, are you going home already?" Yes.. i have to wake up early on Sundays. Sheesh.

No comments: