January 27, 2003

It's been a while since my last post. A lot's happened since Thursday.

Friday, had small group, where we had a bible study on learning the .. Actually I don't quite remember what it was =P
But it was on Phil. 3:1-11. Something about the contrast between worldly success and success according to the bible. Oh yeah, that's what it was, we were asked to give our definition for success. I had a pretty good one: "Success is knowing that you are living God's plan for you." A textbook answer, I'd say. I thought a lot about what success meant to me personally, but I can honestly say I don't think about success in the way most of my male friends would (ie: get degree, get job, get car, get girl), and thus I decided to just put down a general definition of what I thought would be the 'right' answer. In the end we pooled our answers and surprisingly everyone put down more of a definition than a personal meaning. We ended up putting together sort of a success mission statement for our small group, and it was pure textbook as well.

No comments: