January 07, 2003

For my next toy, I've been trying to decide between an X-Box and an electric guitar. For once, the 'right' thing is much more expensive than the fun thing. If I trade in all my psx games and psx, and all my brother's n64 games and his n64, it should come out to roughly a third of the price of a brand new xbox. I was recently over at my friend Keith's place, and played his xbox and must say the graphics on this console are very, very good. This is truly an amazing piece of hardware, the graphics are like what you'd get if you pumped up the settings on any game on your computer, only there's no lag or choppiness. It's a dedicated gaming machine, you wouldn't have ICQ or Trillian running in the background, or Explorer, etc. It's pure gaming.

On the flip side, I Really want an electric guitar. I've been playing around with the solo's on some songs I've heard on the radio and it's been pretty fun. But it doesn't sound the same on an acoustic as with a guitar, and my acoustic is pretty limited in the sense it only produces one kind of sound. I'd like to be able to play anything, and if i had both types, then I'd be able to. These things cost a bundle though, and plus you need an amp as well. It would cost my approximately twice the price of an xbox, even before i traded in my other systems.

So it's basically down to something that will be outdated in a year, or something that can last pretty much for forever, but will cost me 3 times as much.

No comments: