January 31, 2003

Genesis has a winter retreat this weekend. We're going to Blue Mountain for the weekend, for some skiing and winter sports. It's very informal, no program. Of course this just means lots of sharing time (oh, goodie!). dL emailed all of us going to pick a passage to focus on and then share our thoughts on it (oh, goodie!). My devotion time has dwindled off for about 6 months now, so I didn't have any passages I could think of. I mentioned this in a conversation with KL and he was able to share with me one of his favorite verses, Phil 4:13, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."

I went to gospelcom.net to check out this verse, and upon reading it I went ahead and read up the whole chapter. I've decided that the passage I will be focusing on this weekend will be Philipians 4:5-13. May God enlighten me with His words during this weekend (so that I'll have something to share!!).

No comments: