July 02, 2003

The dinner went well. I was fairly sick that night but I was able to 'entertain' with my usual antics and great personality.. :O It was the first time anyone had been over to my place and I think it went relatively well. They didn't run into too many issues with the parking, so that is at least encouraging. Mom made awesome food.. I'm going to miss that! Then we watched CI, then For Love or Money. It was the first FLoM I'd seen -- I didn't really enjoy it that much. CI was pretty good.. it was nice to see the Mikey Bustos made it to the final 30.

Me, my brother, Raec and Hanki are definitely rooting for Mikey. And we're trying to find some relation to him.. I mean, I should be able to find connections with basically any chinese person in Toronto within 4-5 degrees of separation, so for now we're going to go along with "yes, I know Mikey through a friend", and leave it at that.

Yesterday I spent "canada day" in bed and on the computer playing Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne (expansion pack). Yea yea, i'll buy it later. Right now it's impossible to buy it because it's sold out everywhere you look. Since I promised myself I would eventually buy it, it shouldn't matter to the makers whether I pay for it now or later right?

Anyway, it was really good. It took me a total of around 20 hours to finish all of the single player campaigns. The bonus campaign was REALLY good. I enjoyed all of the quests and optional hidden quests. The xpac brought a lot more to the game than I had expected. I won't spoil anyone's fun though so enough of that.

Last night was most depressing as I went to bed coughing, wheezing and sneezing. In the background I could hear booms coming from all over the city from the fireworks. Just below me there was a huge crowd at Mel Lastman Sq. I spent my my last 3 Canada day's in Ottawa, and now I'm lying in bed trying to block out the sound of the booms so i can sleep. What a contrast!

No comments: