July 11, 2003

My 5-week-long animatrix download finally finished last night. I watched the whole thing. What a waste of time. I should've been watching CSI instead. Sure, it was interesting, but after all the anime I've been watching, there was nothing impressive about it at all, and of the animators' takes on the matrix were a little weird, like the one of them trying to convert a machine to team up with them, that was so stupid. The only one I liked was the very first CGI one, the fight simulation between the oriental girl and the black dude. The girl was pretty decent looking .

Yesterday one of the guys at work took us out drinking because he'd gotten his contract renewed for another 6 months. I had a pint of Honey Brown. It was good.. Beer is definitely an acquired taste, and I think I've finally acquired a taste for it. However, due of my lack of regulated alcohol intake, after only half the pint I had hit phase 1 of drunkeness and felt like throwing up. So I had a lot of wings and nacho's, to get past Phase 1, finished off the glass and hit phase 2.

I am a calm person while buzzed, so that's good, and I got some dirt from other people as they tend to talk more while drinking. I got some great career advice from a lot of people :) I wonder what is better though, getting all red or not, while drunk. I don't get red, but everyone else seemed to. Is that good or not? Maybe it's a good gauge as to whether to stop drinking or not, on the other hand you look pretty stupid when you get all red, because people KNOW you are drunk.

I think it works out better for me. I know when to stop, and not looking drunk bodes well when you're sitting on the subway with a crowd of people.


Lakers got Payton earlier this week, and now Malone. I wonder if we can go unbeaten this season. Can we win 98 games straight? I think it's do-able...

No comments: