July 14, 2003

On Friday night my brother and I went to see T3. I liked it a lot, it was pretty good -- the action scenes were great and the comedy was good. The people we were sitting with were awesome, they made the movie better (enthusiastic bunch). This one lady beside me couldn't stop laughing at times with the jokes Arnold made.

I liked the ending, even though if it was a little bit anti-climatic. Considering that the Terminator was programmed to keep casualties at a mininum, it was kind of cool that it was able to calculate the odds and in the end, outweigh the lives of those two over the possibilities of saving the whole world. And being able to hide the fact from them. That's pretty cool.

The idea that a machine could process incoming information and calculate the final result -- the result being a preservation of life for the two of them. You wouldn't expect a machine to be able to make that type of calculation. It's a nice ending to a really great movie trilogy -- a fresh idea that the heroes don't need to "save the world" in order to have a happy ending.

On Saturday, I spent the whole morning hacking a D2 character and trying it out on Act4 Hell, to see if I could anything. It was still nearly impossible, even with the best runewords equipped. In the afternoon I went with family to buy me a new mattress.

At 4pm, I went to a work-BBQ, at the BA's house. It was a good BBQ. I'll talk more about it later.

Saturday night.. err.. Sunday morning at 1:30am, the fire alarm went off in the building, and I took the stairs down. 32 flights down.. my legs still hurt even now! It was a false alarm though.. I lost about 3 hours of sleep from that.

I'm finding even after 2 weeks, I'm still a little bit sick. The cough still comes back occasionally.

No comments: