July 10, 2003

Something funny happened last week. My brother and I went to McDonald's for lunch on Canada Day. The McDeal is $3.99, which comes out to $4.27, but the guy charged us $4.82. We asked why, and he said there was a price change.

Anyway, on Thursday I happened to mention this at work, and one of my co-workers Ken, he was upset by this. After all, it is still advertised at $3.99, so how could they charge us more? By charging us $4.19, they were able to add the PST, making us pay way more because of that tax. Well, he was outraged by this!

So when we got back to the office, he called up McDonald's HQ, and complained, posing as me. I thought it was so funny, going through all that for just over 55 cents! Anyway he complained and we left my work number with them so that the manager could call us back for compensation. Then on Friday they called, so I had Ken pick up (this was all his idea, not mine!) and he demanded a free meal. The lady actually wrote down my name and said I could come in any time and claim my meal!

Anyway.. I never did go.. I was just thinking, as soon as I said I was "Brian Yao", they'd probably do something to the food.

No comments: