July 26, 2003

I insisted that my family calls me at each stopover, so last night they called me to let me know they were safe! Praise God for that!

Yesterday's fellowship was pretty good. We had to describe with words, starting from A..Z to describe God. We got quite a large list! After fellowship, we went to have desserts. I had a think called a Flaming Alaska. It was ice cream inside a cake, with whipped cream around it. Then they poured alcohol on top of it and lit it on fire.

It was an interesting dish, and tasted so good. But after I was finished, I had an inkling that there was some serious amounts of egg in it, because my stomach started to ache. Turns out there was a lot of egg in it, because last night was one night I would like to forget. My chest started to hurt really badly, I couldn't swallow and tons and tons of phlegm was building up. I must have spat out about 500 ml of it.. I couldn't sleep because of the build up. Finally I just induced vomitting, which wasn't very good either because the egg had to come back up through my throat, and so my throat swelled up. (I guess because the egg was in its purest form by then).

Anyway, I am fine now, my throat is still a little bit tightened up because I still can't swallow much, but at least there's no more phlegm build up!

No comments: