July 16, 2003

The people voting for Canadian Idol are on crack. One of the issues for me for this show is finding someone who is marketable enough that they can break through and actually make it big enough to be recognized outside Canada. Because really, who cares if you're the Canadian Idol? What I'd like to see is an American Idol -- born in Canada.

Anyway yesterday I watched Finding Nemo with my bro and mom. It was really good. I thought it was fun and entertaining. We watched with a lot of children in the audience, and that made it more fun because they would giggle at certain parts. The little girl behind me had no idea what was going on though. Something I thought was really interesting was in the very beginning when all the eggs and Marlin's wife was killed (eaten). It was a really sad moment, and the kid behind me goes: "mommy, why is he sad?". The kid had absolutely no concept of death. Imagine, Disney teaching your kids about death before you get a chance to explain it better to them. Again, near the end of the movie when Marlin thought Nemo was dead, the kid asked again "mommy, why is he sad?". Also, I felt that Dory spoke way too fast for young kids to understand. The movie was good overall, but probably not suitable for really young kids.

It's not often that I laugh out loud at the movies..

No comments: