May 01, 2004

I am dead tired and have been this way all week long. I was only able to sleep until 7am this morning, before I was awoken (is that a word?) by the clanging of dishes in the kitchen.

In most ways having mom and gp's home has been a wonderful blessing. Some nights (before) I would come home and actually "announce" to the empty condo "Honey! I'm home!", just for fun. Now when I do it, mom comes up and gives me a big hug.. It's awesome.. Dinner is being cooked when I get home, so all I have to do is change and get ready for food. In the mornings, when I leave for work I get to say goodbye to someone. Little things like that make quite a difference..

While it's great to be able to depend on and spend time others, one side effect is not being able to spend time alone and depending on God. When things are handed to you on a silver platter, it becomes too easy to forget about God. Not that I've lost my faith or something, what I just mean is not being able to enjoy God's tiny blessings and not being able to focus my attention on Him. And the result is burnout.

One thing that I have really missed in the last while is having quiet time with God, and quiet time for myself. Every day has been hectic, if it's not one thing then it's another, the tasks are endless and don't finish until I hit the sack at midnight. And then it's the whole grind again the next day, and the day after, and the day after. I used to read devotions on the way to work on the subway and back. Now I'm so tired I sleep through the entire trip.

--

Meanwhile, I'm absolutely *stoked* (wow, haven't used that word in a long time) about this new game called City of Heroes. I haven't even started playing yet but I'm really excited about it. It's another MMORPG, but the difference between this one and all the other ones is that you play a superhero, one that you create. That includes his/her name, powers, and costume. In other mmorpg's, you're a dwarf, or an elf, or a knight. There's not a lot of 'roleplaying' to do there.

By roleplaying I don't mean levelling up a character and killing stuff, but moreso acting a part in the grand scheme of things. I want to make a tiny brown fellow and call him Curious George. Or a tiny blue fellow with high heels and a white hat and call her Smurfette. I think it'd be a riot, running around Paragon City as a Smurfette who shoots an assault rifle and can control the elements.

No comments: