May 20, 2004

I'm sooo tired today. I went to bed late, and then this morning the alarm went off in our building at 5:30. So I got about 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 4 hours!

Last night I played COH with the founder of the SuperGroup I belong to (it's basically a clan). The games got this cool feature where basically a higher level character can give a lower character "sidekick" status. As a Sidekick, you are endowed the stats of a player one level below the leader. So I got to play at level 19, even though I was really only 12. Anyway, this allowed us to go out and fight enemies that normally I'd be killed instantly by.

The disadvantage of course is I don't get as much experience as they do, when we fight the enemies.. and, if he gets too far away from me, I switch back to normal (and that can be very bad).

It never ceases to amaze who I'm playing with sometimes. I mean obviously you automatically assume that it's all teenagers. My dad is always criticizing me about why I still play games, when I'm supposed to be an adult now. "You're 25 years old now Brian, time to grow up."

So there I was playing, and at about 6:30, the buffer (boosts people with defenses) guy says "brb, gotta cook dinner for my boys", and then at around 9:30, the healer says "brb, putting the kids to bed". I swear I've played with at least a couple of new moms (complaints of babies crying), and mostly older parents ranging from 35-50 years of age.

It's just funny to me, not that it in any way justifies my immaturity, but just the fact that these parents spend their spare time so differently from my parents. I mean take my dad for instance. Whenever he had spare time when we were little, he was in the workshop, or on the computer drafting up something. My mom would be watching sitcoms, drawing/painting, or reading.

And these parents, are MMORPGing!

No comments: