May 21, 2004

wake up!

Do you guys use an alarm to wake up? I don't. I set my alarm for 7am just in case by some miracle I sleep past that time. I was up at 4:55 today.

hillsong united

Last night, I went to the Hillsong United Live concert at the Queensway Cathedral, with Kevin and char. Most people haven't heard of them, because they are really suited more for a younger crowd. Lon was the one who first introduced me to them, from a song called "God is Moving". I suppose also that the original Hillsongs leaders overshadow these group of guys in infammy.

They follow along with the Hillsongs tradition of singing a lot about God and me, what He does for me, what He stands for, the personal relationship. The only different is they're pretty wild, very loud, very ROCKin'. And they put on a great show.. I think the best way to describe it is that their combination of lyrics and music stirs something inside you that is really hard to describe.

Oh and last thing is their youth pastor, he was great. He looked like an australian Owen Wilson. He preached between the music, and did a really great job. He was hilarious too, his impersonation of the Crocodile Hunter was sooo funny! And he quoted the part when Gladiator (re)introduces himself to Caesar in the colisseum,

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius,
Commander of the Armies of the North,
General of the Felix Legions,
Loyal servant to the true emperor,
Marcus Aurelius.

Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife.
And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."


As Christians, we need to know who we are, when we face the enemy. Wild at Heart uses the same comparison.. I wonder if he's read it? =)

No comments: